At the Play way level, children adapt themselves to a new setup away from their home environment. Here learning takes place through various activities. The teacher acts as a facilitator, keeping the following in mind :-
- Exposure to knowledge in various fields is based on a thematic curriculum.
- Imbibing skills for a life long learning.
- Instilling a sensitivity to aesthetics through various artistic expressions, such as Puppets, Flash Card, Charts, Real objects, Toys, Abacus, Stick Puppets, Life skill classes, Audio Visual aids.
- Role Play / Indoor and Outdoor Play / Sand Pit / Water Play / Story time
Technology as a tool in the hands of a child.
At the Primary level
- integrated and interlinked Curriculum , framed on the guidelines provided by NCERT
- Connecting knowledge to life outside the school and real life situations
- Activity to ensure holistic learning and personality development
- Worksheets to enhance the learning skills
- Continuous and comprehensive evaluation
Middle and Secondary level
Exposure to different aspects of life.
Holistic education encompasses development of the cognitive, psychomotor and affective domains. It is imperative that students are provided the opportunity for development of each of these domains. VFS curriculum is designed to ensure this:
- Cognitive Domain Parameters:
- Complex thinking skills
- Information gathering and processing skills
- Collaboration and cooperation skills
- Communication skills
- Productive habits of mind (critical, creative and self regulated thinking)
Affective Domain Parameters:
Discipline, Responsibility, Values and Leadership
Emotional intelligence, i.e. ability to manage emotions, manage ones motivation, empathy and managing relationships.
Stages of development, i.e. trust, autonomy, initiative, competence and identity.
- Psychomotor Domain Parameters:
- Physical fitness – strength, endurance, flexibility, speed and coordination.
- Skill at individual and team games
- Each student is assessed on the various parameters of each of the three domains. This ensures that they focus on these areas and produce creditable performances
- The NCERT prescribed curriculum is followed.
- The focus is on providing opportunity to learn through every day experiences.
- Foreign Languages are introduced at this level.
- A platform is provided for the development of the latent potential and capacity to every individual. The teacher as a co-learner follows a pragmatic methodology that kindles the desire and quest for knowledge as well as the urge to excel.
Senior Secondary level – Exposure to different aspects of life.
- Our methodology is a holistic approach through which the learner is able to infer, deduce and generalize information for adapting in real life situation.
- The National Council for Educational Research and Training (NCERT) Curriculum prescribed by CBSE is followed.
- The focus is also on the preparation of the students for competitive examinations.
IMPLEMENTATION OF CCE AT MIDDLE & SECONDARY SCHOOL LEVEL.